By Diana Ost
If you’ve visited the Dell World 2012 site recently, you may have noticed a new item on the site menu: Mobile. That’s the link to the announcement for the shiny new app especially for Dell World 2012.
Now, I love apps of all kinds, and I have lots of them (on several platforms) for fitness, photos, hiking trails, to-do lists, reading news and so on. This one is right up there at the top of my list for functionality and fun, and it may just make your life easier at Dell World 2012.
If you want to know:
- When — and where — is that session you’ve signed up for or that your friend is attending? Check My Schedule and Schedule to get your timing right.
- Who is here to speak, who is here for show-and-tell, and who is here to network? Speakers, Sponsors & Attendees all have the scoop.
- Which are your personal sponsor picks on your must-see list? Save them in your My Sponsors to be sure you don’t miss anyone.
- What to eat, what to see (plus a discount, if available) in your few spare hours away from Dell World? The Concierge is on it.
- How to touch base with another Dell World attendee, or exchange contact information? Check Messages & Contact Exchange to make the connection.
- Where to share your opinion, make a comment or get social with your influencers? Polls, Surveys & Social can help with that.
- Where can you read conference materials or access a speaker’s session presentation? Peruse the Documents category.
- What to do with that document you just found? Put it in My Briefcase, of course.
- How to find your way back to where you were, or determine where to go next? Event Maps can help you chart your direction.
We have an app for all of that.
Bring your Android™ phone or tablet, Windows® 8 Tablet, Windows® Phone 7 or iOS® device, get more information and follow the installation instructions on the Mobile page. Go Mobile at Dell World 2012 with just a few taps.
We haven’t left you hanging if you have a Windows Phone 8, Blackberry®, or other internet-capable device. You can still access all the content on the go! Open your mobile browser and go to www.DellWorld2012.com. To log in, enter the user name and password you created during registration.
 * Badge scanning to get contact information is only available on the native Dell World Apps, and is not available from DellWorld2012.com.
 Although there is no specific app for the iPad, the iPhone app works fine on the iPad 4 with iOS 6 in my home-based informal test; but no guarantees, of course! Go to the Apple App Store and be sure to select iPhone apps in the selection bar. Download the Dell World 2012 App from there. (The Dell World 2012 App does not display in the iPad app store, but is does show as available for iPhone.)
Diana Ost is a social media advisor consultant and social journalist for Dell in Public and Large Enterprise Digital Online Marketing. Prior to this gig, Diana wrote web copy for Dell.com in the PLE Online Solutions group about topics ranging from cloud computing to virtualization. Diana is also a photographer and recorded musician. You can follow Diana on Twitter @DianaAtDell.