By John Britton, Director, Mobility Platform Evangelist for Good Technology — It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that the Bring-your-own (BYO) trend is not only a reality in today’s enterprises, but a rising statistic! IDC surveys suggest that up to 70 percent of enterprises in the United States and the United Kingdom have some kind of BYOD policies in place, and there is no indication that this momentum will slow down any time soon. And really, why would you NOT allow employees to use their own device at work when, according to the Computer Business Review, workers believe that using personal devices allow them to save on average nearly two hours per month through working more effectively and efficiently. That’s a large amount of employee productivity left on the table if you don’t have a BYOD policy in place.... Read More...
... Read More...
By Jeff Sullivan, Dell Social Media and Community Sr. Manager — A staff of experts, a focused audience (IT professionals), a concentration on the technical and dedication to content are the foundation Dell TechCenter, an online community for Dell Enterprise products, was built on. To ensure that our members get the content that they want, we avoided heavy marketing language and removed access barriers.This combined approach must be working, because the publically available Dell TechCenter forum averages around 350,000 unique visits and 800,000 views per month. Even though registration isn’t required, there are over 10,500 registered users. As online communities go, that’s significant.... Read More...
By Sandra Bruce, VMware Global Alliances Director, Dell — VMware is very excited to be back at Dell World this year as a Silver sponsor; below are highlights of our most recent technology innovations and announcements with Dell. Dell and VMware’s decade long partnership has resulted in unique, integrated product and service solutions that help our customers to simplify their IT environments—all while effectively building a virtualized foundation for meeting the IT demands of today and tomorrow.... Read More...
By Mike James, Director, Engineering, SanDisk Enterprise Storage Solutions — Dell World brings together industry visionaries and top technology professionals for powerful conversations about IT solutions to business issues. And, as the adoption of Flash technology continues to grow within enterprise data centers, client PCs, and mobile devices, IT managers and system architects must develop new standardized connectivity protocols, in addition to existing storage platforms – SAS and SATA – and interfaces, to keep up with ever-increasing performance demands.... Read More...
By John Todd, Synaptics — In case you haven’t noticed, the working world is getting a lot more “touchy-feely.” Of course, by that we mean through the major influx of touchscreens into our everyday working environments.For example, recent studies have shown that by 2015 mobile workers will account for more than one-third of the global workforce, accounting for 1.3 billion mobile workers. In addition to that, the typical mobile worker now carries an average of 3.5 devices with them on any given day — this could be a smartphone, tablet and an Ultrabook™ device for example.... Read More...
By Sarah Vela — This week I had an opportunity to interview Stephen Foskett, one of the influencers attending Dell World this year. Stephen is an active and engaging technologist and thought leader in social media. You can read his musings on technology on his blog, and follow him on Twitter at @sfoskett. (Reposted from Direct 2 Dell.)... Read More...
By Diana Ost — If you’ve visited the Dell World 2012 site recently, you may have noticed a new item on the site menu: Mobile. That’s the link to the announcement for the shiny new app especially for Dell World 2012.Now, I love apps of all kinds. This one is right up there at the top of my list for functionality and fun, and it may just make your life easier at Dell World 2012. Find out how this app can help you.... Read More...
- [NEW] @DellSecureWorks Launches Information Security Services in Australia & New Zealand | t.co/ZO1ZZyoNWJ
- [VIDEO] The Technology Behind F1: The Super Computer | t.co/AzP7tGEERH | cc'd @MyCaterhamF1
- Universities and hospitals push #virtualization trend - via @TechPageOne | t.co/yQsqTIv8XB t.co/j6HYx5YY7F
- RT @DellUniversity: Twitter use in classroom discussions and collaboration is on the rise. Should #Twitter be used in class? t.co/HV…
- Explore with #Dell how the #cloud can help alleviate the challenges facing the #healthcare sector |t.co/XALnczT8EE @DellHealth
- Do you know what the "Notorious 9" #cloud security risks are?@DellintheClouds will teach you how to combat them | t.co/JbwwxLGXMo
- Will #Cloud-Based Integration Solutions be the Demise of #Middleware? | t.co/3L69QJHBfz
- Join Dell #Cloud Client Computing at @CitrixSynergy 2013 | t.co/u4SwovKeMF
- What steps can a business take to protect itself from #cyber-attacks? | t.co/suVC017UHT
- Our thoughts & prayers are with everyone in Oklahoma dealing with the aftermath of today's tornadoes. Take time to hug your loved ones
- RT @DennisMSmith: RT @VirtSecurity: @DellTechCenter RockStar 2013 swag arrived! Nice shirt and #ogio backpack. Thx #DTC t.co/T46IkEv…
- Registered for Dell Enterprise Forum yet? Register with this code "DEFUS13DTC" and get 20% off t.co/Y6sMSdhkqi
- @rolltidega @VirtSecurity - it's in the mail! My car is slowly going from jammed full of backpacks to empty
- How Dell and VMware can help jumpstart your VDI deployment t.co/vTOJEiiFWS
- Connect with Dell at Citrix Synergy 2013 t.co/IrB9fwJ8sY
- Ever wonder how to create a DSET report? t.co/4rSgmrur2y #sysadmin
- Join us today at 3pm for a #TechChat on Energy Efficient Best Practices t.co/EP5LISD9Yt
- @TimChege Are you asking for BIOS/Controller/or drive updates? Or all 3. If possible make sure all are at the latest revision
- The @Dell #Cloud Partner Program launches today w/ our first 3 NAm partners! @joyent @scalematrix @zerolaghosting t.co/lfe2oZKAX7
- Have you tried Open Manage Essentials? What do you think? t.co/g1MHCpePK6 t.co/dQ8AT2pPqw
Events at Dell
- TONIGHT from #BETT_show. Google+ Hangout w/ @DellEDU to learn abt assist. tech; Learning 4 All. 4 PM UK Time. Join! t.co/u8WWREj2
- A guide to the best kid and family-friendly airlines. Benefit for all onboard! t.co/PijWD8ew
- RT @DellSmbCA: Have lunch with us today at 1 pm ET at a Dell and Intel webcast on Windows Server 2012 Migration Made Simple: t.co ...
- I'm digging the new @AmericanAir branding and website!
- Looking for an event that fits your business needs? Check out t.co/X06yvvnh & search for on demand webcast and in person events
- RT @Dell: Highlight video from Dell World 2012. Thanks to all of our customers and partners who attended! t.co/fALa3ySn #dellworld
- Did you miss #DellWorld or just love our highlights video? Don't worry, check it out here: t.co/3uP8jixm
- @mauimyst We're so glad you enjoyed #DellWorld! See you again next year!
- Come to the Social Hub & claim your prize @mauimyst! You won the final scavenger hunt! #dwscav #dellworld t.co/EsTVrkuI
- Congrats to Alita who won the $500 gift card from the Social Media Prize Machine at #DellWorld! t.co/Ko9pKdqr